Monday, February 28, 2011

True Love

The other day I found the following printout on the computer desk. I don't know who printed it or where it came from, but it made me smile--and tear. I guess I should point out that this is directly toward you female readers...but, guys, God has an unending love for you as well; you're just as much a part of Christ's bride as any one else.

How can a woman not love the Lord?

  • He is a gentleman
  • He is confident
  • He is a provider and protector
  • He is rich and powerful
  • He owns everything, there is nothing He wouldn't do for me
  • He perfects all things concerning me
  • He anticipates my wants and needs
  • Every day He tells me and shows me how much He loves me
  • I don't have to perform in order to earn his love
  • He keeps all his promises
  • No one can influence his opinion of me
  • He is the ultimate intimate partner
  • He can't "disown" me because I am part of him
  • He prepares a table for me
  • He covers me and doesn't expose me
  • He wrote his loving words down so that I'll never forget how He feels about me
Wake up every day and thank God for being the best "man" in your life.


 I encourage you to print out the list and place it somewhere you'll accidentally come across it, i.e. a journal, the crevices of your junk drawer, or between the pages of your Bible. I know I find encouragement notes in the most bizarre places, but they're always the perfect thing for the moment. So maybe you'll do the same.

I know Valentine's day has come and gone, but we should never cease to show love-agape, storge, etc.- to others around us. And in the times you don't feel appreciated, remember God is always there for you.

"God is love."
-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment