Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Why do I worry? Why do I freak out? God knows what I need." jf

This is short, sweet, and concise; it's been on my mind for a while now, but I can't ever think of how to properly word it:

Today is the last day of spring break. Tomorrow everything goes back to 'normal.' Tomorrow everything starts going downhill toward graduation. And I'm having terrible bittersweet emotions about it all: I'm ready to get out into the world. I'm ready to learn how to be an occupational therapist. I'm ready to be the missionary God wants me to be. But, I'm not ready for change. I'm not ready to leave everything I know again. I'm not ready to grow up and be an adult. I have my doubts, I have my worries, and I have my concerns. However, Jesus tells us not to worry. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life" (Luke 12:25)? 


Sure, we need to be concerned about how we live out lives, especially for Jesus. But, we don't need to worry about the little things in life. We need to head through each day with out best foot forward and give everything our best shot. We have to live life in the present moments and not look back to the past or look to far in advance. This is all hard to remember--trust me.


We have to put our trust in God that He'll take us through each and every day, that He'll be there for us every step of the way, that He'll continually give us direction even if we don't see it. "Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them" (Luke 12:24). There's no need to worry. No need to fear. 


As you may have figured out, I look visual representations for 'lessons' or points:


Jon Foreman's "Your Love is Strong"-


JJ Heller's "All I Need"-


Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven

In Christ,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment